I finally have a minute again, but now all my news is old! We are in a new place again, but I want to finish up our week in Genova for future reference for myself. Our hotel was right next to a grocery store, which was wonderful. The Euro is worth about $1.50 right now, so things are more expensive here. We didn't have a car all week (Mark and Brian did, though), so we didn't do much sight-seeing. However, we did spend a few evenings with friends of Mark that he met or baptized while on his mission. None of them spoke English, but it was still fun to visit. Thank goodness Mark speaks Italian!
About the tournament....Dann and Brian played the #2 seeds first round and lost. It was so cute, though, that even after they lost, all of the ball kids ran up to them (not the other team) to talk and to get autographs. Everybody loves them, and all of us who know them know why. Another great thing about the tournament site was that it had a playground close to the courts. I wish they all had one! Sam and Lily loved playing and making new friends. It amazed me that it doesn't matter to kids whether or not they understand someone or not. They can be friends just the same.
We couldn't find a place to do laundry, so I have been hand-washing all the dirty clothes. I actually don't mind too much, as it has given me something useful to do. Dann thinks it is pretty great, but I am hoping we can find a laundromat somewhere soon!
Also, while here in Genova, we had a great big wildfire on the mountainside right near our hotel. We had a fantastic view right outside our window. It made things pretty smoky all week, but we got used to it. I am not sure what started it, but someone told us it was not natural.
This last thing is for Emily and Kiana: at the tournament, we met a nice guy named Pierre. Dann asked Lily to say "Pierre," and I'm sure you can just hear how it came out: "Pee-yay-yay." It was pretty funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment