Friday, August 28, 2009

The Big Apple

First off, I have to admit that it's been a rough couple of days. I have been in the same room or car with or chasing my children every waking and sleeping minute for over a week now, and my patience isn't quite what I would like it to be. We knew this would not be easy, and we have had moments the past few days where Dann and I look at each other and say "What are we doing?!"  I am hoping to get a dinner date with just Dann and Bella tonight if Mark and Brian will watch the other kids!


Yesterday we drove about 2 hours from New Haven here to New York, near the US Open Tennis Center. I am amazed that we can fit all 3 carseats and all our luggage in a small car, but we have found that it is possible. I am really missing my minivan! Bella still dislikes riding in the car and lets us know. 

Last night we went to the tennis center and checked it out. It was my first time there.  The kids especially loved the water fountains and kept running around everywhere, despite me asking them several times to stop or slow down. I think they had some extra energy built up from sitting around so much. We will find out tomorrow if Dann and Brian will get a wildcard into the tournament. Everybody keep your fingers crossed! It would be a great opportunity for them. 


This one of Sam makes me laugh...



3 comments:

  1. I miss my Battistones! :) I love the one of Sam too. -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, that one of Sam is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous of the world travelings!!! How fun and what a great opportunity!!!

    ReplyDelete