Monday, November 1, 2010

Celebrating Halloween

It seems like October was full of everything Halloween! Here are a few of the things we did throughout the month:

I am the Activity Day leader in our ward for the 10 and 11-year-old girls in our ward, so for one of our activities, we started the Halloween "Phantom." We made sugar cookies and decorated them, then attached a picture of a ghost and a poem with instructions for the them to pass it on to others. The girls LOVED it because we went out later that night to deliver them and then they got to ring the doorbell and run! We got the phantom back here at the house a few days later, so we had to deliver more treats. This time my brothers did the running for me!

Sam did a few really cute art projects at school, and my favorite is this tree he made:

He and Lily also drew and cut out a few things and taped them to our front door:

The Friday before Halloween, Sam had a costume parade at school along with their Halloween party. He told me it was the "funnest" day of class so far because it was just a big party the whole time!

Carving pumpkins was pretty funny. We let the kids draw their own faces on the pumpkins. When we tried to get them to clean out the insides, they kept saying, "EEEWWHH! Gross!" They turned out cute.

This year, Sam wanted to be a Nascar driver, and Lily wanted to be a princess, just like she has been the last few years, but I talked her into being a "beautiful" witch. The weather was nice all day, then turned rainy and cold just in time to trick-or-treat. It seems like that always happens! Still, the kids had a good time, and we ended up with close to 300 trick-or-treaters at our door!

I also celebrated my birthday a few days before Halloween, and Dann and I were able to take an evening and stay overnight in Salt Lake. We ate at the Old Spaghetti Factory (one of my favorites!) saw a movie, and did a little shopping. It was great. We also celebrated my sister Emily's 16th birthday on Halloween, and I got to make her a birthday dinner and dessert. She chose cinnamon rolls for that, and they turned out really yummy!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! Tell Lily that she is the prettiest witch I have ever seen. I am glad that you have had so many fun things to do. I hope you enjoyed your night out with Dann. I love you!

    ReplyDelete